Saturday, October 09, 2004
Taking the bus to Mars!
Sometimes you can go interplanetary for a mere $1.25 bus fare(plus museum admission).
Just this week the Science Museum of Minnesota has opened a new movie - "Mars 3D" produced locally by Twist Films of Minneapolis. It gives you a ringside seat at the launch of the rovers, and 3D images captured by the rovers' cameras on the surface of Mars - pretty impressive stuff - worth the bus ride downtown!
What do you get for the price of admission? A trip to Mars in 20 minutes!
- Good launch movies - one day and one night.
- Great video ON BOARD LAUNCH (Thanks to RocketCam!)
- A chance to see the scientists and their familes cheering, and
- Great (and tense) moments in mission control at the crucial points of the mission
- Good integration of simulations and on earth video of the landers.
- Great use of the real 3D videos from Mars - in real color, not relying on red/blue glasses.
posted by Joel 4:54 PM